Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thoughts Central

Central Baptist Church I commend you on a job well done. I asked for the Central family to turn out in mass number to support the Littleton family and you did more than show up; you served, you welcomed, you greeted and it was the largest turnout for Central that I have seen in my short term of neraly 3 years. We had a record number of guest here for recent times.

358 people were here for the service to commision and send off Mike Littleton, awesome! We received 2,900 dollars for Lori and the children in the love offering. What was even more powerful was the response to the presentation of the gospel messsage. I saw more than 15 hands go up indicating repentance and trusting Jesus Christ as savior. Some even came forward and allowed us to discuss discipleship with them. God changes people and look what HE continues to do through Mike Littleton and the people of Central.

Special thanks to Daniel and the student ministry for a powerful presentation with the drama on Sunday night as well. Central is rapidly becoming the church I envision us becoming. A ministering body that never compromises the message of Christ and the standards of a Holy God while compassionatley reaching out to the downtrodden and the unchurched with passion.

I want to share with you that these are the times to rejoice and the times in which to work even harder. I pray we are all found faithful when our Lord returns. I pray we never stop showing compassion to the lost. I pray we always uphold biblical standards of purity until marriage and unity in marriage. I pray we are always found reaching out to the despised and the shameful who are looking for hope and forgiveness in Christ.

We need to be compassionate to the unwed mother and help her in her desire to follow Jesus. We need to be compassionate to the drunkard and the addict who desire to know the truth and so desperately need healing. We need to give wisdom to those who seek it for their marriages and relationships. We need to promote the the older teaching the younger how to follow Christ

Looking ahead I see Central being this type of church and to a large degree Central continues to make progress in that direction. To make us even better we have to make Sunday school better. Keep praying for teachers that God raise them up or bring them in to our fellowship. We need to start new units inorder to reach more unchurched people.

We must see more people saved, baptized and taught to obey all that Christ commanded each year. We are now nearly three months into the new church year and we must be faithful to the call. Remember our mission and action statement exist as one statement which reads: Great Commandment; Great Commission; Great Compassion.

By the way, as I write this on Tuesday night, November 18, 2008 Mike Littleton is at home with his family for 30 more days. Soon enough he will serve time long enough so I am not asahmed or feeling guilty that he has these last few days, 30 more days than we thought this morning. Today was a tough and emotionally draining day as I watched the Littleton family hug Mike goodbye expecting to see him remanded after the plea hearing today.

When the plea hearing ended Mike was allowed to go home through Thanksgiving and into December. Yes, we will have to go through this again in 30 days but tonight I rejoice that the Littletons have been given a few more days.

Be Biblical!
Andy Goode
Acts 20:24

3 comments:

Bell said...

To God be all glory and honor and praise! As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9

avery said...

hey daddy thats good! i love you!
avery
mat.34-46

Hannah said...

Hey Mr. Andy! I think you are an awesome pastor! I love you and your family!

P.S. Avery wanted to type this for me, but I wouldn't let her because I wanted to have correct spelling an grammar!